Trade Terms and Conditions
Trade Terms and Conditions
- You are hereby appointed as an account holder with Long Studio Design. You accept that account holders are appointed on the basis that they satisfy and continue to meet certain qualitative criteria, so as to protect and enhance the image of Long Studio Design and the reputation of its brand within the luxury interior design and decoration market. If it is decided that an account is no longer meeting the qualitative criteria that enabled our Sales team to approve and open their account, then Long Studio Design reserves the right to close the account with immediate effect.
- Orders submitted by the account holder will be raised and confirmed within 24 hours of receipt.
- It is the account holder’s responsibility to check their proforma or order confirmation and flag any discrepancies within 24 hours of receipt. If nothing is communicated within this time, Long Studio Design will assume the account holder is happy with the order.
- Long Studio Design cannot be held responsible for anything received on the order confirmation that is later flagged as incorrect.
- It is your responsibility to check that all details on the proforma or order confirmation are correct at the time of placing the order.
- Once a proforma or order confirmation is received, you have 24 hours to notify Long Studio Design of any discrepancies, changes or cancellations, otherwise orders will be deemed confirmed.
- Once dispatched, all orders are non-refundable and can only be exchanged if deemed faulty.
- PAYMENT TERMS & SHIPPING
- Proforma payment terms will be agreed at the time of account opening.
- For all payments, please reference your company name and Long Studio Design’s invoice number, then send remittance advice to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Long Studio Design will supply goods on either:
▪ An ex-works basis, where orders are collected and shipments organised by the account holder; or
▪ A landed basis by a designated Long Studio Design courier to a specified address, where all carriage and/or handling charges will be charged back to the account holder at the time of order or once shipment is ready.
No orders will be processed if an account is not adhering to our terms.
- RECEIPT OF GOODS
- Long Studio Design will make every effort to ensure delivery by the estimated lead-time, but this cannot be guaranteed.
- Every effort is made to ensure goods arrive in perfect order. If any fault or discrepancy is discovered, please notify us within two weeks of receiving the goods. Any claims made after this time will not be accepted.
- Special note on wallpaper: please inspect and make sure that the entire stretch of roll is in an acceptable condition before hanging. Long Studio Design cannot accept responsibility for any fault or discrepancy after the roll has been cut or hung.
- Any claim for goods dispatched by us and not delivered must be made within three days of the date of the expected delivery date, otherwise no liability can be accepted by Long Studio Design.
- Risk of damage or loss of goods will transfer to the account holder on delivery or collection of the goods. Title and property (legal and beneficial ownership) to the goods shall not pass to the account holder until Long Studio Design has received payment in full.
- RETURN OF GOODS
- All goods are sold on a firm sale basis, that is to say Long Studio Design will not accept back any goods not required or sold by the account holder, unless otherwise agreed.
- If goods are faulty, any returns must be authorised by Long Studio Design before any credit is given. Where a return is authorised, the account holder shall be responsible for the cost of carriage and will ensure goods are carefully packaged to avoid damage in transit. Credit for returns will not be issued until the returned stock has been received and inspected.
- Only current stock may be returned if in a saleable condition and agreed to by Long Studio Design.
- Long Studio Design will not accept any returns of goods damaged by the account holder.
- Whilst endeavouring to maintain prices, we reserve the right to alter prices and pack sizes without notice. Unless otherwise agreed, the price of the goods is exclusive of VAT, insurance, transport and any import duties/taxes payable upon delivery to any international delivery destination.
- Long Studio Design provides minimum recommended retail prices for all of its products that need to be strictly adhered to.
- Product may not be offered as promotional or seasonal markdown unless consent has been granted from Long Studio Design.
- Samples and marketing materials are to be purchased at the agreed price, to be discussed and agreed between Long Studio Design and the account holder. Samples received are a representation of the final product in nature. In some cases there may be small variances to bulk product that is received as a result of the manufacturing process.
- The account holder shall keep full and proper accounts and records relating to expenditure and payments made and received.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY & CONFIDENTIALITY
- The account holder agrees not to disclose any confidential information to any third party without the prior written consent of Long Studio Design.
- Long Studio Design prints cannot be copied or used in any agreement other than those discussed and agreed with Long Studio Design. Use of prints without prior consent may result in legal action.
- Use of Long Studio Design’s intellectual property is not permitted, unless previously agreed with Long Studio Design. The account holder acknowledges that all intellectual property rights within the goods are and shall remain the exclusive property of Long Studio Design, and that the account holder shall not at any time use the intellectual property rights in connection with the account holder’s business or for any other purpose.
- If there should be any direct copying of Long Studio Design designs, products or prints, Long Studio Design will have the right to immediately close the account, and in extreme cases legal action will be pursued.
- We do not condone the practice of reselling any items upholstered in Long Studio Design prints without our prior approval of the design. Long Studio Design will only approve designs if they are in keeping with the brand aesthetic, and the account agrees to pay royalties calculated from the product’s selling price. This includes, but is not limited to, sofas, chaise lounges, chairs, futons, ottomans and cushions. If an account is found to be publicly reselling furniture items upholstered in Long Studio Design prints without our prior approval, Long Studio Design reserves the right to immediately close the account, and in extreme cases legal action will be pursued.
- Long Studio Design does not allow accounts to market their product as a ‘collaboration’ without prior consent. If an account is found to be marketing their product as a Long Studio Design collaboration when it is not, then Long Studio Design reserves the right to immediately close the account, and in extreme cases legal action will be pursued.
- RELATIONSHIP OF PARTIES
- Nothing contained in these terms and conditions shall be construed as establishing or implying any partnership or joint venture between the parties.
- ASSIGNING AND SUBCONTRACTING
- The contract between Long Studio Design and the account holder shall not be assigned or transferred to any other party.
- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
- This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.